GOOD CENTRIFUGE PRACTICE
Good centrifuge practice will maintain the performance of your MSE centrifuge.
1. Always run with a full set of buckets.
2. Distribute load evenly around the rotor balancing opposing buckets.
3. Regularly clean and decontaminate your rotor, buckets and adapters, particularly if there is a spillage.
4. Only clean buckets in a neutral pH cleaner. Do not use strong acids or alkalis or corrosive substances.
5. Do not leave buckets to soak for any length of time in cleaning or disinfecting products (ie: overnight).
6. Use a brush with soft bristles for cleaning. Avoid using a brush with wire bristles as this will scratch the surface of the buckets.
7. Dry buckets and rotors after cleaning. Dry upside down so excess water can drain away.
8. Make sure no moisture is trapped between the adaptor and buckets as this can lead to corrosion.
9. Ensure rotor, buckets & lids are securely fitted.
10. Remove any broken tubes or debris from the centrifuge bowl.
11. For refrigerated units, leave the lid open after use to allow moisture to evaporate.
Centrifuges need to be regularly maintained and serviced. A single annual service can extend the life of your centrifuge as well as increase reliability and safety. Centrifuges that are not properly maintained can be dangerous.
Please contact MSE if you have any questions relating to the operation of your centrifuge. Alternatively, your nearest service engineer will be able to visit your site and offer basic training, as well as repair and maintain your equipment.